This is a new position to sit in the Community Engagement Team working on the prestigious High Speed 2 project.
The role will be specifically commitment to providing support to all Community Liaison Officers.
You will need to be able to produce a wide range of documents, presentations and liaise with the team to deliver area wide notifications. Fast and accurate copy and audio typing skills are essential for this role as are expert IT skills. The team is busy so the successful candidate needs to be proficient. The role requires the ability to perform independently and the flexibility to adapt to the requirements of the team. Discretion and initiative are paramount as Fusion is required to produce materials for HS2 in very specific formats. At times the individual may work on material of a highly confidential nature.
The individual must have the ability to organise and expedite work whilst maintaining a professional demeanor at all times and in all situations. Working as part of team the role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to balance, manage and priorities work.
The successful post holder will be required to keep an accurate up to date log of all document request.
· To answer and respond to all incoming requests in a prompt and effective manner
· Create and amend documents from handwritten mark-ups accurately and in a timely fashion
· Create documents – Priority to be given to Area Wide Notices
· Create display board materials, flowcharts and presentations to a high standard, offering advice when necessary
· Proofread all work to ensure accuracy, correct layout etc
· Confidence in accessing and managing online documents and templates
· Troubleshoot problem documents using extensive knowledge to find solutions
· Ensure house style is adhered to and promoted on all HS2/ Fusion documents
· Work closely with the HS2 Communication and Engagement team to ensure documents are approved in a speedy fashion. Tight turn around of letters and notices.
· Determine an agreed process with HS2 for sign off for Area Wide Notices
· Raise awareness to the Community Engagement Manager when approvals are delayed from HS2
· Advanced Word/Office skills are essential for this role as is the ability to produce, format and work with complex and lengthy documents and agreements
· MOS Word and PowerPoint essential,
· Proficient use of Publisher to produce newsletters, display boards and hand outs
· Intermediate Excel skills
· Knowledge of GIS systems would be useful and the ability to be able to identify and produce maps to a high standard required for public liaison documents and presentations
· Proven experience within a busy office environment is needed for this role and desirable is the ability to implement new processes to speed up the production of notices, documents and presentations.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work in a hectic environment
· Tenacious for the details
· Pro-active, ‘can do’ attitude; positive and resilient
· Strong communication skills
· Friendly and approachable
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.