Senior EICA Project Engineer
£40,000 – £50,000 – Depending on level of experience
My client is looking to strengthen their team with a Senior EICA Project Engineer for their Advance Plus Framework. My client is part of the advance-plus joint venture that will deliver a range of construction schemes to maintain and improve United Utilities water supply and wastewater treatment works within the North West region.
The Joint Venture has been set up specifically to execute the 5-year (2020 – 2025) AMP7 capital delivery framework. They will be delivering a programme of works up to £500m over the 5-year period consisting of both heavy civil engineering and mechanical and electrical activities.
Based throughout the United Utilities region, you will assist the Project Manager in coordinating an effective and economic plant design and procurement strategy; ensuring technical, commercial and programme information is issued in time to enable construction, commissioning and putting to work in line with the Contract Programme; provide cost data for forecasts and evaluation of variations.
You will report directly to the Project Manager and the responsibilities will include:
* Production of Works Information scope of works for Electrical packages
* Reviewing technical specification (both internal engineering team and external Client standards) to ensure they meet the project technical and commercial requirements
* Managing the supply chain through the procurement, engineering, implementation, commissioning and handover phase
* Ensuring review of supplier schedule against the contract Programme, advising the PM of any changes that will affect completion
* Ensuring production of monthly progress reports from the supply chain, if necessary, facilitating and coordinating progress meetings
* Ensuring the production of QA documentation including but not limited to ITPs, check sheet, FAT documentation and O&M’s
* Administration of the contract with the supply chain, including notifying the supply chain of any potential EWN’s, CE’s and change in scope
* Ensure project costs do not exceed allowances
* Ensure subcontract reviews, monthly forecasts are completed and submitted on time
* Assist with the Project Management strategy
* Establish and maintain the subcontract filing systems
* Assist in the production of the contract programme; monitor programme and produce progress reports
* Provide data for the timely production of O&M manuals
* Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers
* Liaise with site management on design and procurement issues
* Monitor subcontract performance
* Assist in the preparation of the completion and take over documentation
* Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations.
* Maintain a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
* In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
* Ensure designs are developed which are safe to construct, commission, operate and maintain
About The Candidate
* Basic engineering background
* Working knowledge of various conditions of contract especially NEC
* Engineering/ Technical qualification (HNC minimum) required
* Experience of supply chain expedition
* Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes
* CDM & Health & Safety knowledge
* Knowledge of United Utilities standards and specifications
* Relevant professional qualification an advantage
My client has over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as an organisation and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
They believe that people matter. They know that to build successful, creative teams they need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Packages include –
* A competitive salary
* Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
* Contribution Pension scheme
* Life Assurance
* Health Insurance
* Private medical Insurance
And many more benefits including – cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Senior and Principal Environmental Scientist/Consultant Locations: Che ...view details
Register and upload your CV today to access our candidate zone, set tailored job alerts and kickstart your job search.