Assistant Civil Engineer (SuDS)
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Due to continued growth in the workload of our clients’ successful Water business, they seek to recruit an Assistant Civil Engineer to their Edinburgh office. The successful candidate will join a team of Civil Engineers, hydraulic modellers and GIS specialists and play a key role in delivering to a range of Clients including Water Companies, Local Authorities, developers with the potential to get involved with International projects.
This role will involve working on a variety of design schemes, typically on projects seeking to reduce flood risk and to make environmental improvements. The projects involve assessing the constraints on what can be constructed, then developing options address the project requirements. This requires working closely with other members of the project team, undertaking site visits, liaison with clients, contractors and other project stakeholders.
You will have a strong desire to learn and develop the technical and other skills to support the existing team on the civil engineering aspects of the drainage design. Travel to client site locations may occasionally be necessary and you must be willing to travel as required from time to time which may involve stays away from home.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- An interest in the water environment and sustainability, and desire to apply your skills to the challenges the water environment faces.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication Skills – oral and written.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Desire to learn and develop technically and work towards a professional qualification.
Desirable (but not essential) Criteria –
- Experience in the delivery of civil engineering Infrastructure projects.
- Experience in working with teams undertaking the conceptual and detailed design of civil engineering Infrastructure projects.
- Experience of developing concepts & designs for drainage and SuDS.
- Ability to use AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of the CDM Regulations.
- Experience using Civil3D.
- Experience using Microdrainage.
- Good understanding of design procedures, risk assessments (design, site etc.), change control, checking and review.
- Experience of similar work in areas such as water, drainage and sewerage infrastructure.
- Full UK driving licence.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required.
- Investigation and resolution of wastewater infrastructure issues through the development of design solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with the CDM Regulations and safety and environmental requirements.
- Support development of reports and other project deliverables.
- Undertake site surveys and walkovers.
- Interacting with Clients and other stakeholders during face-to-face meetings.
- Data analysis and presentation of results in a clear and concise format including writing of technical reports and production of drawings.
- Observing Contractors Working on site completing data collection activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search