Assistant Cleanwater Hydraulic Modeller – REMOTE WORKING
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Our client has an opportunity for an Assistant Clean Water Network Modeller to join their team delivering frameworks for several UK water companies, and industrial and overseas clients.
This is a permanent vacancy that can be based anywhere across the United Kingdom. You will report to the Technical Director and will be responsible for the development and delivery of a wide variety of projects.
It would be very beneficial for you to have UK water industry experience using Synergi software for water network modelling. Candidates with experience in Infoworks WS will also be considered.
Your main responsibilities will include (some or all depending on seniority):
- Construction, calibration and delivery of clean water hydraulic models
- Carrying out investigation studies on clean water networks to support system improvements and investment planning
- Analysis of spatial and network performance data
- Ensuring quality of outputs and compliance with standards, specifications and governance requirements
- Building, maintaining and managing strong and collaborative working relationships with clients
- Support on the production of bids and proposals
- Contributing to our culture of continual improvement to drive efficiency and innovation
- Contributing to commercial performance, forecasting and risk management
Skills / Experience
- Good IT skills, in particular MS Excel and Access and use of GIS packages
- Good technical report writing skills
- Experience in the analysis of water networks (or similar) performance data
- Experience in the construction and use of network hydraulic models, ideally using Synergi / SynerGEE
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, able to present findings and discuss with clients
- Ability to manage (or support project managers to manage) small to large modelling projects/packages and programme of works
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and having the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Maintain strong and collaborative working relationships and interactions with clients
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with other team members to provide technical support and assistance
- The ability to work on your own initiative on technical matters and provide support to others within the team
- Awareness of relevant health and safety and environmental aspects of projects
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search