The role of the Assistant Project Planner is to assist with the preparation and maintenance of integrated and co-ordinated project programmes, enabling resource and material requirements to be forward planned to meet project deliverables, using P6 Project Planning software.
Reporting to the Lead Planner, the Assistant Project Planner will be expected to work autonomously and independently, setting high personal standards and delivering reports in a timely and accurate manner to the project team and client alike.
- Assist in developing comprehensive, logic linked, project programmes for UK SS&I projects incorporating resource planning, materials planning, cost-loading and earned value forecasting and reporting.
- Assist with monitoring the programmes prepared to accurately reflect progress and maintain accurate earned value and resource data for internal and external purposes.
- Assist in identifying critical paths and ensure action plans are developed and implemented to maximise project quality, cost and delivery objectives.
- Assist in providing regular reports and feedback to management on project progress and critical issues.
- Assist in providing sufficiently accurate data to enable the Work Package Managers and Project Managers to ensure that co-ordinated project activity complies with and delivers company financial and business targets on cash and project margins.
- Assist in ensuring that programmes are updated and reviewed in line with the planning procedure / work instruction.
- Assist in ensure all reports are produced to a high quality and to deadlines
- Travel when required to other sites across the country.
- Occasional weekend/bank holiday cover for any major commissionings.
- Comply with and undertake all relevant Environment, Health and Safety measures and activities.
- Problem solving and resolution skills and techniques.
- Action orientated – ‘can do’ approach.
- Awareness of Planning Software (Primavera/Asta/Microsoft Project etc.) and Planning concepts (Critical Path, Float etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate well and build relationships
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Educated to at least A Level Standard.
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience in a project planning / scheduling role, including resource and cost-loading / forecasting.
- Experience and knowledge of Primavera P6 Planning Software.
- Knowledge and experience of the Rail Industry, particularly Rail Signalling.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search