Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Advance TRS Construction are once again assisting this increasingly busy main contract organisation who specialise across the industrial sector in London and the Southern region. On this occasion we are supporting in the recruitment of an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their on site commercial team delivering a £40M steel frame new build in Colchester.
Ideal candidates will be eager to grow and progress with vast amounts of opportunity to continue learning off an extremely experienced commercial team. This candidate must demonstrate a recent track history of employment as an assistant and/or trainee quantity surveyor. You will have held hands on commercial responsibilities on various new build construction projects.
- Work closely as part of the Commercial team to ensure commercial viability of contracts.
- Interpret and critically evaluate expenditure reports produced by internal cost systems.
- Be involved in the procurement of Subcontract partners including preparation of bid enquiry documentation and critical evaluation of bids.
- Administer contractual documents to both the Client and Subcontractors.
- Assist in the management of change by maintaining detailed schedules of values and ensuring the production and submission of Compensation Event Quotations.
- Collate and calculate information required to assist the wider Commercial team in the production and maintenance of a detailed cost to complete including schedules of Subcontractor liabilities.
- Liaise with operational and engineering staff to maintain site records.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Able to communicate effectively with site team and subcontractors.
- Good attention to detail.
- A self-starter with a flexible but robust approach, a good team player and able to work as part of a team.
- The ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work alone without constant direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Aware of individual Health and Safety responsibilities and adheres to company health and safety policy and procedures.
- A working knowledge of Quantity Surveying through job experience or training
- Degree / HND(C) Level qualification
- Fully conversant with the Microsoft suite of packages.
In return for your skills, experience and abilities you will be joining a dynamic and ambitious team willing to invest time into your progression whilst working alongside industry specialists on major projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search