Building Services Manager
Building Services Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful main contracting group as Building Services Manager, based out of their North Kent office.
As Building Services Manager, you will manage the full life cycle of projects, initiating the preconstruction phase through the tender and design development period and ensure the production of high-quality information and accurate costs.
Reporting to the Pre-Construction Manager, you will work alongside the pre-con team and carry out technical reviews of tender documents, liaise with the estimating team and adjust designs accordingly, supply chain coordination and oversee all service handovers between the preconstruction and delivery team to ensure a technically and contractually compliant services tender.
Moving forwards you will also lead the post contract installation, delivery and commissioning phases of works to live projects. Working alongside the project operational delivery team, specialist contractors and consultants to ensure timely, safe and cost-effective delivery over the installation of all lighting, heating, power and mechanical / water services to projects.
This is an exciting role which will see you working across several projects simultaneously and be the go-to MEP expert for your projects.
- Operational responsibility for delivery of building services engineering works in terms of Health and Safety, programme, and quality
- Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with Clients, designers, specialist contractors and other team members
- Contribute to and/or produce the regular Project Report and attend Project Meetings
- Review designers and contractors’ drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc)
- Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements and Industry best practice
- Provide expertise in planning and executing the building services engineering delivery and associated commissioning
- Responsible for the delivery of the building services engineering works on their projects
Skills and Experience:
- Good general knowledge of building services systems.
- Must be able to use a range of communication skills and adapt these as necessary.
- Must be able to build trust and confidence through open communications and informing colleagues about issues that will affect their role.
- Recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering or other appropriate engineering subject is preferred.
- Candidates without formal engineering qualifications may be considered if they have acquired sufficient experience to demonstrate competence in the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search