Business Lead – Flood Risk & Environmental
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Our clients’ UK operating unit provides specialist Environmental Consultancy in Flood Risk Management. In addition, the operating unit forms part of our clients’ global hydraulic modelling software development and support team. Their strategic intent is to grow their Climate and ESG Advisory business, underpinned by core capabilities in Climate Risk, Marine Science and Flood Risk & Water Management. Through internal collaboration it looks to deliver this ambition in the UK and Europe.
What’s the role?
Our client is looking for a Business Unit Lead to head up its growing Environmental UK operating unit.
As Business Unit Lead you will report directly to the Environment & Infrastructure Portfolio Managing Director and you will work with the leadership team to deliver the plans to build on core capabilities, enable growth and investment in innovation. You will be responsible for formulating and implementing the operating unit business strategy and guiding the business area through growth and change. You will quickly establish effective working relationships with colleagues and take collective responsibility for the day-to-day running of the operating unit.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Formulation, initiation and implementation of the direction, business strategy and policies of the operating unit aimed at business growth, expansion and profitability
- The delivery and achievement of defined corporate and business objectives and targets through the efficient and effective use of resources, through personal leadership, guidance and motivation of the team, and seeking continuous improvement and innovation
- Ensuring short, medium and long-term business planning is undertaken in accordance with the guidelines of the Portfolio and wider Group
- Managing the performance of the operating unit by ensuring it is financially stable and profitable
- Ensuring the services provided by the operating unit are consistent and in keeping with fitness for purpose in meeting key customer/client requirements. Developing and promoting wider capabilities in collaboration with other operating units
This role is a full-time permanent role, which can be based out of one of three offices in London, Leeds or Aberdeen. Our client offers flexible and remote working options to give our employees choice and adaptability; so, this role will allow you to combine office and homeworking. Travel to our clients offices and to client sites in the UK will be required as well as occasional international travel.
What are we looking for?
Our client is looking for an experienced leader who can inspire and motivate a team for continued high performance. You will have an intimate knowledge of the market and have developed strong, established relationships with key decision makers in the UK government and/or industry. You will have experience of working in at least one of Environment UK’s core capability areas and you will also have experience in:
- Successfully collaborating with a broad stakeholder community (both internally and externally)
- Integrating capabilities and initiating development activities to address market needs
- Managing and developing people; bringing out strengths in others
- Developing new relationships and build long-term partnerships
- Managing financial performance including budget management
If you have experience of operating through organisational change we would love to hear more about this, but it is not essential
What can we offer you?
Our client believes in hiring the best talent, from diverse backgrounds, as this introduces new ideas to the team and their customers. They appreciate the importance of having a solid development structure and they ensure that their people have access to the training and mentoring they need to be the best at what they do. They constantly strive to improve their working environment and provide everyone with the tools and applications that they need to do their roles effectively.
The well-being of the team is central to our clients’ success, so workloads are managed effectively, and they promote agile working, so their working hours are flexible. On top of this, they have a host of benefits and family friendly policies designed to support their people including:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Holiday trading – the option to buy and sell leave
- Private medical insurance
- Personal Wellbeing Fund to spend every year on hobbies, sports and classes.
There’s lots more that they offer too, and their full range of benefits will be discussed at interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search