Civil Engineer (Flood Risk) – Various UK locations
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Civil Engineer (Flood Risk Management)
Locations: Warrington, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Peterborough, Haywards Heath, Newport, Exeter, Edinburgh, Glasgow. Remote working will also be considered by our clients.
Are you looking to develop your career in Flood and Coastal Engineering with an exciting environmental company?
We are looking to recruit Civil Engineers to support delivery of a variety of interesting and exciting infrastructure projects in the flood risk management sector.
The successful candidate will be part of our team delivering a range of flood risk management projects.
Working alongside technical specialists and industry experts, this is an ideal opportunity for technical development and career progression.
Qualifications and experience:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, who is a strong communicator and passionate and sustainable engineering design.
Applicants should have a relevant degree (or equivalent) in civil engineering and have prior experience working within an engineering design consultancy.
A valid UK driving license is required.
The right candidate will have the following attributes:
- Be organised and able to balance competing priorities.
- A pragmatic thinker and solution finder.
- A self-starter, who manages own workload.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills and effective team working capabilities with the ability to liaise with clients, hydraulic modellers, project managers and other design and management team members.
- Able to work within a team and independently.
- Experience working in coastal and river settings.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Be already working towards chartership with the Institute of Civil Engineers.
- Experience in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management projects.
- Experience in the development of business cases (SOC, OBC and FBC).
- Project management, experience of contracts, budgetary control, specification preparation and liaising with clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search