Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager based in Cork. The Commercial Manager will lead a small commercial team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the optimising of margin while protecting Alstom from commercial risk.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide commercial expertise and clear guidance on NEC contract requirements and documentation
- Build a strong commercial team while developing positive relationships with the client, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Manage the recording of progress and delays, change management and keeping all relevant records
- Produce and issue target cost client application for payments in line with contract requirements
- Educated to graduate entry degree level requirements or equivalent
- Up to date Continuing Professional Development
- Contractor background with strong multi-discipline D&B experience
- Knowledge of planning and the use of programmes in the management of construction works
- Politically astute and customer focussed
- Up to date knowledge of current construction legislation
- Experience with techonologies employed in Rail
- Proven success in management of Commercial and Quantity Surveying teams
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Louise Oldham at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search