Construction Manager – Water Sector
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Thames Water Framework (London)
£55,000-£65,000, Depending on level of experience + Company Car & Package
£425-475 p/day inside IR35
My client is looking to strengthen their Operations team with a Construction Manager working on the Thames Water framework across South London.
What will you be doing as Construction Manager?
As their new Construction Manager, you’ll be working within Clean and Waste-Water Non- Infrastructure projects and managing the Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability with responsibility for CDM for managing compliance for all delivered construction work.
Whilst being primarily focused on managing construction delivery, you’ll be managing your local construction delivery team to ensure all construction activities are provided in compliance with the scheme deliverables, you’ll drive a culture of zero accidents and zero defects to meet the clients Delivery Milestones to provide the best service to their customers.
- Lead and manage site construction teams within designated portfolios to deliver projects within approved budget and to an agreed time frame; facilitate project construction kick off meeting and lead health checks.
- Responsible for the performance of tier 2 suppliers in relation to Safety, Time and Quality including approving RAMS ensuring they are appropriate and adequate.
- Take the lead with Constructability Reviews, Project Rehearsal and Fit for Assembly sign-off which drives outperformance and innovation where possible.
- Ensure that the site teams are raising the relevant contractual and commercial notices to the rest of the Project Team in a timely manner.
- Work with the Lead Construction Manager to establish long term and short term resource needs (labour, plant and materials).
- Ensure full H&S compliance is achieved where the team feel safe every day and have the confidence and autonomy to raise safety concerns.
- Look to implement a blend of standard products and innovation techniques which will maintain our position as industry-leaders.
About The Candidate
To join the team, you’ll have proven experience of managing operational resources in a fast-paced Non-Infrastructure environment to compliment your HNC/Degree in Civil or M&E or Construction Management.
You’ll be working across their Water and Waste-Water Non- Infrastructure programme areas so experience in dealing with large structures in the Water industry is essential.
Having attended a Site Management Safety Training Scheme and a Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme, you’ll hold a CSCS Card (Black minimum) to ensure you provide the highest levels of safety management to their teams, customers and environment.
Able to inspire and lead a team, you’ll encourage and support groups and individuals to achieve critical tasks and outcomes with the ability to adopt a can-do attitude and willingness to be hands on if required to achieve the deliverables.
You’ll be able to operate at all levels to suit need and the situation with the ability to manage conflicting demands.
You’ll demonstrate excellent communication skills and will be performance driven, with proven experience of managing multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external to the organisation.
To provide visible leadership across their sites, there will be an expectation to travel to sites across the Anglian & Thames framework depending on which framework you are employed at.
About The Company
My client is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centers, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks
They create opportunity by inviting, embracing, and celebrating difference.
Their goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop their employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that they have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search