Contract and Operations Performance Manager
Contract and Operations Performance Manager
Perm or Contract
My client is looking to bring in a Contract and Operations Performance Manager for their Mansfield office and are considering both Contract and Permanent employment. This a great opportunity to work for a Government organisation and make a difference!
To manage and coordinate current contracts related to the operational maintenance and remediation of mining legacy ensuring operational and contractual compliance, value for money, continuous improvement and whole life efficiencies savings, adopting a collaborative approach with their contractors whilst maintaining effective contractual discipline and control.
To manage and coordinate the development and procurement process for renewal of the organisations Operation and Maintenance Term Service Contract. The contract manages a UK wide portfolio of 70+ operational mine water treatment schemes and 700+ monitoring locations.
To act as the Service Manager, developing the scope and specification for the planned maintenance activities for the operation of mine water treatments schemes, asset condition, pumping operations, chemical treatment, reedbed maintenance, ocherous and organic waste management. Ensuring all aspects comply with current legislation and recognise industry best practice.
To foster a culture of partnership, apply a commercial outlook to deliver value for money and progress business opportunities in support of the organisations ambitious objective of managing zero cost mine water treatment schemes.
- To ensure excellent Health and Safety performance, both personal and in terms of Contractor performance:
- Promote a positive culture in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental Management.
- Undertake site audits taking appropriate actions as required.
- Promote and support sustainable management initiatives.
- Ensure positive relations are developed and maintained with key stakeholders including Term Contractors, Regulatory Agencies, Government bodies and members of the public.
- Promote the Coal Authority brand.
- Proactively encourage partnership working.
- Recognise and stimulate business opportunities.
- To assist in the management of the existing NEC3 Term Services Contract relating to the operational management and maintenance of mine water treatment schemes.
- Review the safe systems of work currently used by contractors and sub-contractors to ensure optimum efficiency, health and safety standards and effectiveness are obtained in delivering the Service.
- To assist in defining and delivering the Scope in accordance with NEC4 Term Service Contract guidance for the planned preventative maintenance activities required to manage regulatory compliance relating to active and passive mine water treatment schemes.
- To co-ordinate the tender process for the NEC4 Term Service Contract award.
- Co-ordinate with multiple teams including Technical, By-Products Heat & Innovation, Projects, Property, IT and Finance, ensuring their sections of the Scope are consistent, in line with the Contract Strategy and delivered within the timeline.
- Liaise regularly with the Procurement team to ensure all documentation required has been reviewed and is available for publishing when needed.
- Produce the business case for the contract award, requiring approval from executive leadership team and Treasury.
- To be responsible for drafting sections of the Scope that will include the individual asset maintenance requirements including, pumps, chemical dosing systems, reed beds, lagoons, landscaping, sampling, mine gas vents and any relevant specifications, procedures, processes or safe systems of work required.
- Degree/HND in an appropriate discipline
- NEBOSH Wastewater industry experience (mining and/or water utility).
- Experience in contract development and procurement
- Experienced in managing contracts
- Working knowledge of NEC 3 Contracts – TSC preferable
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Chartered Engineer
- Corporate membership of a professional body
- NEC TSC Service Manager Accreditation
- NEC Contact drafting and tender process experience
- Process engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search