Technical recruiters for the built environment
Contracts Manager – Central Southern region
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest and most successful, privately owned construction and development groups in the UK. With a turnover exceeding £1bn and year-end cash balance of c£500M, they are a trusted and valued construction partner to both public sector and private clients.
We represent this highly successful main contracting group in their search for a Contracts Manager to join their Southern team and take the lead on a c£100M new build higher educational scheme on the South Coast.
The role will entail:
- To control the running of contracts on various sites and provide leadership to the site team ensuring the Regional Director / Line manager is informed of progress at all times.
- To ensure the site team and wider construction team complies with B&K Management Procedures as appropriate.
- To be available / flexible and be prepared to work under pressure and outside normal working hours if required.
- To provide adequate guidance and support to ensure a site achieves a good Considerate Constructor’s Scheme (CCS) score.
- Understand the location of stored contract and subcontract documentation (Hard copy, Viewpoint 4P).
- Ensure the preparation and delivery of the Health and Safety File is completed in readiness for project completion.
- Target a defect free project completion and manage the project through its defect period, obtain making good defects certificate and release of all retention monies.
- Any other duties associated with this position which are related to the objectives of the Company or Team or contribute to individual development.
- Be able to demonstrate a recent track history of achievement in leading and delivering major projects in the education sector on behalf of a Tier One main contract organisation
- Be Degree / NVQ qualified within the construction sector & ideally professionally qualified (CIOB)
- Reside within a commutable distance to both the south coast but also South London regions
- Demonstrable full project lifecycle experience which spans both pre construction and post contract responsibilities on projects in excess of c£40M
- Possess current CSCS and Health & Safety accreditations
- Hold a high regard to commercial acumen against projects, be highly presentable and client facing, whilst having an ability to communicate at all levels of stakeholder management.
In return you will be highly rewarded and regarded in your senior role, reporting directly to a Regional Director and holding influence in the southern region as a whole.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search