Technical recruiters for the built environment
Contracts Manager required to join this successful and highly regarded main contracting organisation operating in the new build residential main contract sector in the West London & Home Counties region.
This organisation is one of the most rapidly expanding main contracting companies operating across the Home Counties. A successful privately owned construction contractor they understand their responsibilities to staff, clients, communities, supply chain and the environment.
As a Contracts Manager you will head up site based operations on 3-4 live schemes at any given time. Projects will range in value typically being c£5-15M with locations covering West London & Home Counties, you will be responsible for:
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme
- Manage the selection of sub-contractors
- Manage site personnel, work activities and resources to meet the requirements of individual contracts.
- Monitor budget
- Develop a programme, monitor progress and ensure the contracts are delivered on time.
- Ensure contracts comply with Health, Safety and Welfare requirements.
- Ensure site personnel (including visitors) are aware of their own Health, Safety and Welfare requirements.
- Manage the identification of site hazards and ensure assessments and risk control methods are implemented.
- Ensure the performance of reporting staff are monitor through regular appraisals and reviews.
- Ensure identified individual development/training needs are met.
- Maintain the trust and support of reporting personnel
- Support individuals who have problems that may affect their performance.
- Manage/implement procedures on Recruitment, Discipline and Grievance.
What you’ll need to succeed:
In order to succeed you will have previous experience within construction, working on behalf of a main contractor as Senior Project / Contract Manager. You will be able to demonstrate a stable and ideally progressive career background, with it being essential that you have experience within similar sector and valued works.
You will have demonstrable experience in the full life cycle of projects from initial conceptual and tender stage through to post contract delivery.
You will have the relevant qualifications to undertake the role as a Contracts Manager including; CSCS, SMSTS & 1ST Aid Accreditation’s.
What you’ll get in return:
In return you will receive a competitive salary commensurate to your experience and the role, additionally a car or car allowance and travel expensed. A contributory pension along with discounted health care schemes and other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search