Designers Site Representative
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Designer’s Site Representative/Resident Engineer
My client, a major engineering consultancy, are looking for a Designer’s Site Representative/Resident Engineer to work on a major Highway Scheme in Kent.
Your role will be site based and you will act as an interface between the design team and the Contractor who is delivering construction of the project. You will ensure that construction is compliant with the provisions of the construction requirements and also the other applicable provisions of the contract. You also will be responsible for resolving commercial and technical issues as they occur and will be monitoring progress in your areas of responsibility.
Key duties will include:
- Making sure that the construction team understand the design and you will provide further guidance when needed. providing further clarity if required.
- You will assist in making decisions regarding necessary modifications to design, which will include liaising with the design teams
- Raising and responding to technical queries and requests for information, etc.
- Ensuring work is carried out in compliance with the designs and specifications.
- A degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or any other relevant subject.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) in the UK, ideally MICE or MCIHT
- Proven experience undertaking a similar role on site.
- You must have a background in highway/bridge design of major projects
- To be able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- A good all round understanding of quality management processes & systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Contract Duration – 2 years
Pay rate – £40 – 45ph
Hours – 40 hours a week
Our client is also open to seeing candidates with a preference for a permanent role and could offer a salary in the region of £55,000 – £65,000.
For information about this position or any others within the Civil Engineering design market please contact Sean on 07415684436
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search