Electrical Site Supervisor
Technical recruiters for the built environment
My client is looking for an Electrical Site Supervisor covering the Kent area, working across Southern Water projects including CMDP.
Generally, the site hours will be between 7:00am – 5:00pm and will be an hourly paid position and will be a Permanent role.
Travel pay will also be included at 100% of the hourly rate. The role will include a van and a fuel card although there may be a wait for the van due to the current climate. If this is the case, they will pay 45p per mile up to 10k miles and 20p per mile thereafter.
By calculating the additional benefits, the overall salary will be in the region of £50,000-£55,000 per annum.
There is also a career progression path should the candidate desire.
The role will involve the following:
1. To be responsible for supervising electrical installations in accordance with BS7671 and the companies.
2. Electrical Safety Rules and Essential Standards.
3. Ensure that all Health and Safety legislation and regulations are adhered to by the site teams.
4. Ensure that all items are installed to the highest standards, in compliance with the project’s quality plan and inspection and test plans.
5. To coach and mentor Electricians, Electrical Improvers/Mates and Apprentices.
6. To act in a professional manner and be an ambassador, supporting the business goals and maintaining the company’s positive reputation.
Your key accountabilities are:
Supervising electrical site installation work, ensuring work is on schedule and within budget, including:
O Planning the work efficiently in order to meet agreed deadlines.
O Liaising with the Project management to arrange the labour requirement in advance of the installation and ensuring that the agreed labour is on site at the required time.
O Ordering materials and liaising with Procurement to ensure that the correct materials are on site when required.
O Ensure all tools and equipment are on site when required and hired plant is off hired as soon as it is finished with.
O Reporting goods received to Procurement.
O Interpretation of site drawings and project information to ensure the installation is carried out in line with designs.
O Red line drawings to feedback to the Design team of any site changes.
O Amend method statements and risk assessments due to site changes and ensure compliance by all personnel on site.
O Ensure team are carrying out installation works on site as instructed and in line with RAMS and project programmes.
O Assisting with testing and commissioning of installations.
O Liaising with clients and other contractors to ensure a safe site and to prevent clashes of trades.
O Monitor and inspect the quality of work on site to ensure work is completed right the first time.
O Undertaking and recording statutory inspections of plant and equipment.
O Complete works in accordance with the Inspection Test Plan (ITP).
* Management of staff and subcontractors working on site, ensuring their welfare, safety and allocation of workload is in line with company procedures and the project programmes
* Support site decisions, both large and small, in such a way that risk is controlled and uncertainty minimized
* To be responsible for the safe, cost-effective delivery of electrical installations in line with company SHEQ policies
* Taking responsibility for the Health & Safety of self and all under your control
* Proactively minimising impact on and protection of the environment
* Report all positive interventions, accidents, incidents and near misses
* Implement measures to prevent waste production
* Ensure all waste is handled in line with legislation
* Respect the environment, implement control measures where applicable to protect the environment
* Responsible for wearing PPE in line with company policies and for reporting any defects or replacements needed and for ensuring the site team do the same
* Responsibility for looking after allocated tools and equipment, ensuring they are in good working order and calibrated according to our procedures
* Responsible for looking after company van – completing van check sheets, keeping them clean and tidy and reporting any accidents or defects
* Responsible for the accurate booking of time on timesheets and ensuring correct project codes are used
Experience / Knowledge Required:
* Experience as an Electrical Supervisor
* Experience within water / construction industry
* Industrial and/or panel wiring experience (desirable)
* Good client engagement and communication skills
* Able to manage own and others workload with minimal assistance from Project Management in delivering safe profitable projects
* Experienced in site managing Electrical projects
* Ability to give and take instruction
* ECS gold card
* SSSTS / SMSTS
* Appropriate City & Guilds trade Qualification
* CCNSG (or similar)
* Fitness to work medical
* Test and Inspect
* Emergency first aid or First Aider
* PASMA (desirable)
* IPAF (desirable)
* Confined space
* COMPEX (desirable)
* Driving licence
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search