Engineer / Senior Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Title: Engineer / Senior Engineer
Salary: £40-50k (experience dependant)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Station: Hybrid working
Grade: Circa 5-10 years UK sector experience.
Benefits: 25-day holiday, Pension etc.
Our client is currently seeking an Engineer / Senior Engineer to join our busy Water team in Edinburgh. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and ambitious group based in the centre of Edinburgh. Our client can offer the flexibility of a balance between home and office working which will help maintain a good work life balance and effective team working.
Our client is fortunate to work with an excellent range of clients in Scotland and the north of England and beyond and their client-focused approach has enhanced their reputation as one of the leading development consultancies in the local market. They have a wide range of projects including residential led mixed use developments to provision of major infrastructure schemes. Flood risk is a key consideration in many of these projects, and they continue to provide creative and innovative nature-based solutions which both protect people and promote sustainable development.
What would you be doing?
Your main task will be to provide robust and creative advice to our existing clients. You will have the opportunity to play an important role in a range of multi-disciplinary projects including.
– Flood risk assessment
– Surface water drainage and SUDS strategies for regeneration, urban expansion, and large infrastructure projects
– Supporting work driven by the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Regulations. Controlled Activities Regulations (CAR) and the Water Framework Directive (WFD).
You will be involved in project management, undertaking a technical lead and review role. You will review and deliver technical work, such as hydrological and hydraulic analysis, flood risk reports, drainage strategies and MicroDrainage calculations.
What are we looking for?
- BSc/BEng/MEng qualified
- Incorporated or Chartered (Or on route to chartership) Civil Engineer.
- UK experience in surface water & foul water drainage design, SUDS and nature-based solutions design, flood risk assessment and design of flood protection works on projects from pre planning stage all the way through to construction detail.
- Ideally, you will have previous experience with MicroDrainage.
- Detailed experience of land development and planning policy in the UK.
- Good working knowledge of producing 1D/2D Infoworks ICM hydraulic models, drainage network models, and using models to inform design.
- Strong report-writing and client-facing skills.
- Able work across multiple complex projects.
- Your passion and experience of delivering quality design solutions is most crucial to your success in this role.
- You will be ambitious, forward thinking and have a desire to better your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search