£28,000 – £34,000 + Company Car
My client is looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with an Environmental Advisor working on the United Utilities framework. Based at the Preston office you will visit site locations around the North-West region to undertake environmental audits, provide support and give advice on environmental management.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Reporting directly to the Environmental Manager you will support projects from tender through to commissioning and handover, to ensure all environmental requirements have been identified and satisfied during the project, and where feasible innovation and best practice has been implemented to reduce environmental impacts of the project.
- Produce Environmental Control Plans (ECPs).
- Undertake environmental audits and inspections on site to review the implementation of ECPs and compliance with legal and other requirements, including the Clients S08 Environmental Specification. Undertaking focused/themed audits as required. Supporting external audits as required.
- Support sites to ensure that all waste is stored and removed from site in line with legislation Waste Duty of Care requirements, ensuring this is diverted from landfill where possible.
- Coach site teams in the use of SmartWaste for environmental reporting, and other platforms as deemed necessary.
- Collate data, and support site teams to collate data, to facilitate monthly environmental performance reporting to stakeholders involved.
- Ensure environmental impacts and considerations are factored in at project design stage through attendance at Design Review Meetings (and other meetings) as deemed appropriate.
- Support the development of Invasive Species Management Plans, and other specific management plan requirements, as required on site.
- Review Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other documentation as required, to ensure sufficient environmental content and consideration for activities with specific environmental risks and/or requirements.
- Support the development of project programmes to ensure all environmental requirements and association timeframes are adequately captured.
- Liaise with the Advance Plus Environmental Planner as necessary to identify suitable environmental solutions and to support the environmental planning process, including application for consents, permits and permissions where required. Including consulting with Environmental Regulators and other 3rd party/interest groups.
- Support the delivery of projects to achieve Biodiversity Net Gain.
- Support the SHEQ team in the delivery of formal environmental training.
- As directed, promote and drive continuous improvement of environmental/sustainability performance.
- Be familiar with and promote current environmental legislation.
- Participate in the development, regular review and update of the Environmental Management System/Integrated Management System.
- Provide advice, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental and sustainability responsibilities.
- Represent and promote the SHEQ Department in meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums.
- Appropriate qualification covering environmental management
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
- Moderate IT skills
- Effective time and workload management
- Flexible approach
- Ability to define goals and plan to deliver them
- Full driving licence
- Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team
- Practitioner or Graduate Member of IEMA
- Relevant CSCS Card
- EUSR National Water Hygiene Water card
- Experience within the environmental field, specialising in construction preferably within Water Treatment
- Lead Environmental Auditor qualification (IEMA course or equivalent)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search