This is an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Manager to join a highly reputable Consultancy and Main Contractor in their Systems and Signalling division. You be working for one of the main players in the very busy Rail Sector.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage Environmental Improvement Plan within DI&S
- Liaise with project teams and supply chain to achieve optimum balance between environmental improvement and project efficiencies.
- Maintain company presence at RISF and other Network Rail forums and industry meetings.
- Produce and maintain project Environmental Management Plan (DEMPs & ESMP’s) and Site Waste Management Plans (SWMP’s)
- Produce environmental element of Project Inductions
- Support social and sustainability initiatives on all projects
- Produce figures for Company Management Reviews
- Produce Incident Response Plan and give briefings to project personnel
- Support environmental incident investigations
- Co-ordinate and promote project environmental objectives and initiatives on nominated projects
- Manage project environmental training matrices and deliver
- Training for Waste Management, Waste Champion, Noise and Vibration, Ecology Awareness and Pollution Prevention & spill response on nominated projects
- Manage project consent register for nominated projects and apply and manage consents
- Assist with environmental noise monitoring and Section 61 consent application and compliance
- Initiate environmental notices where required
- Liaise with client Community Liaison Officer, Local Authorities and other agencies for nominated projects
- Liaise with Project EHS Advisor and design teams to promote environmental awareness (design out carbon / waste) on all projects
- Advise and communicate with Project EHS Managers/ Advisors;
- Attend and take part in environmental team meetings
- Where necessary undertake Company TOP-E assessments at maintenance depots
- Interface with client EHS teams for nominated projects
- Carry out environmental guidance visits and environmental advisor inspections on any project as requested
- Carry out environmental surveys for nominated projects and assist with ecology surveys
- Carry out site setup environmental check for nominated projects
- Assist with corporate level environmental initiatives as required
Key performance indicators
- Carbon / energy reduction and recycling increase figures for projects.
- Environmental Performance Indicators
- Audit report findings.
- Acceptance of ESMP’s
- Acceptance and compliance of SWMP’s
- Acceptance and compliance with Section 61 consents
- Environmental training delivery
- Results of Environmental Inspections on nominated projects
- Awards submissions of nominated projects
- Feedback from project teams, client and EHS department
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Data analysis and EPI reporting
- Desktop survey skills
- The ability to plan and organise work
- Research Skills
- Presentation skills
- BSc or diploma in related discipline
- Full Member of IEMA, CEnv or equivalent
- Current driving licence
- Experience in managing EMS to ISO 14001:2015, Auditor
- Experience in construction and/or rail related lead environmental role.
- Regulator, Local Authority, stakeholder management experience
- Client facing role
- Data analysis and EPI reporting
- Practical Environmental problem solving skills
- Using innovation to reduce carbon and energy use
- Management of Environment and Social Management plans
- Waste management
- Noise management
- MSc in related discipline
- Fellow member of IEMA.
- PTS Certificate
- Experience with NR/L2/ENV/015 and associated rail standards
- Experience in multi-disciplinary rail related projects
- Client focused (ideally Network Rail)
- City & Guilds Trainer
Please contact Joe Moss for more information on this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search