Flood Risk Consultant (Appraisals & Business Case Development)
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Our client is currently seeking an enthusiastic, positive and confident Flood Risk Consultant for their Flood Risk and Water Management Team.
Due to our clients’ current working practices we expect that this role would be largely home working with 1 or 2 days per week spent working in one of our clients’ offices so candidates should be within a commutable distance from one of their hub offices (Manchester, Leeds , East Grinstead, Sheffield or London).
Our client is seeking a Flood Risk Consultants with between 2 and 8 years professional experience of delivering flood risk assessment, surface water drainage and EIA related projects who can support the delivery of their flood risk projects by working closely with their team of specialists. They are particularly interested in candidates who have experience of business case development, appraisals, optioneering, 5 case business model, economic analysis and project funding.
They are looking for someone who is driven to progress their career and contribute to the development and growth of the team.
Experience of hydraulic modelling, hydrology or project management would be an advantage.
You need to be hard-working, organised, motivated, and able to work independently and as part of a team as you will be communicating both in writing and verbally with colleagues, clients and members of the public.
What you’ll be doing:
- Experience of delivering FRA/FCA, SFRA/SFCA, Surface water drainage strategies / designs, local flood risk and surface water management plans, flood incident investigations, water related EIA inputs.
- Use of GIS software (QGIS, MapInfo, ArcGIS etc.) and large datasets (Excel etc.).
- Writing technical reports for flood risk studies and related projects
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues and work co-operatively across functions and businesses to deliver joint projects, share information and ideas.
- Manage the delivery of project work
- Mentor and support more junior staff in their technical development.
What we’re looking for:
- Around 2-8 years of experience of delivering flood risk assessment, surface water drainage and EIA related projects.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant sections of policy and standards (e.g. NPPF, FWMA, LDA, DCG)
- Experience of using GIS software using either: QGIS, ArcGIS, MapInfo.
- Experience of managing and analysing large complex datasets (this may be in Excel or similar software).
- Experience of writing technical and non-technical reports for a range of flood studies.
- Relevant degree in geography, environmental science, or engineering and appropriate knowledge of flood risk practices and techniques. Preferably a relevant post graduate qualification too.
- Experience of working within a team and able to demonstrate good communication skills (verbal and written) to colleagues and clients.
- Chartered member or approaching chartership of a relevant institution (for example CIWEM, ICE). For the right candidate we will consider non-chartered applicants and support you toward becoming a chartered member within the first 18 months of employment.
Desirable to have: project management, hydraulic modelling or hydrology estimation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search