Hardware Design Assistant
An opportunity to join a large rail engineering contractor, that are having a major growth period due to signalling contracts being awarded. As a design assistant, you will be supported to help deliver the hardware designs for control systems. For this role you must have have experience in CAD packages and educated to degree level in engineering.
* Working under mentorship support the control system hardware designs to be delivered to the project schedule, to the required technical standards, specifications and procedures
* Understand the project concept, requirements, assurance plan, acceptance criteria, project scope and technical specification.
* Attend Design Review meetings covering the designs produced as and when required.
* Assist in the production of designs that comply with the company, technical and customer standards.
* Actively seek to improve design and engineering processes
* Participate in periodic CRE design reviews.
* IRSE licence log book kept up to date
* Good oral and written communication skills, good problem solving and solution building skills
* Accurate and able to concentrate on the task, time management and critically review own work.
* Numerate, organised, self-motivate
* Meticulous, with an eye for detail
* Proficient in the application of CAD packages
* Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline
* Working towards IRSE Design License 1.1.510 supported by suitable evidence.
* Application of railway control system design activities.
* Application of RSSB, Network Rail and Industry recognised standards.
* Working in a multitask environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search