Head of Verification and Validation (V&V)
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Head of Verification and Validation (V&V) based in Derby. The Head of V&V will build and develop the vision of the team, aiming for continuous improvement in productivity and performances.
The successful candidate will continuously motivate, encourage, mentor, and guide the team, in cooperation with HR, as per approved performance evaluation targets and progress.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define and agree V&V activity schedule, ensuring correct project prioritisation
- Manage full verification and validation of all configured functions, with parameters and data produced on the project
- Review workload forecasts and capacity, leveraging on subcontracting and business strategies
- Participate in tender Design Reviews and Documentation Reviews as per tender strategy and relevance
- Organise and lead documental verification and reviews
- Define needs, architecture and follow-up implementation of testbenches and analysis tools
- Manage Work Packages and Work Package tasks
- Monitor and follow up execution and reporting of activities delegated to experts in other departments
- Bachelor’s degree of science in engineering, computer science or scientific subject
- Experience in complex development environment
- Engineering and processes working background
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience in team management
- Degree in management or training of a team
- Knowledge of Alstom platforms or projects
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search