This is an exciting opportunity for an H&S Advisor to join a highly reputable Consultancy and Principal Contractor. You be working for one of the main players in the very busy Rail Sector. This company has grown year on year after winning works on multiple projects and know needs to expand their HSQE team.
The successful candidate will work with the HSEQ Manager to ensure the implementation and maintenance of the Safety, Quality & Environmental Policies and the HSQE Management System, so as to ensure that project management activities are managed in accordance with (HSQE), through the systematic application of relevant procedures and in accordance with recognised and statutory provisions, Safety, Quality and Environmental Standards and ongoing monitoring of compliance against such requirements.
- Provide functional support and guidance and professional expertise to the project / service teams on all safety, quality and environmental compliance matters affecting the projects so as to ensure the successful execution of the Projects, interfacing with the client as required.
- On behalf of Quality and Environment, implement and maintain the Safety, Quality and Environment Policies, HSQE Management System and monitor compliance against these requirements through a systematic regime of compliance audit and safety performance reporting.
- Liaising with the individual Project Managers involved ensuring that adequate safety procedures are established within their projects.
- Assist the Managers in ensuring safety responsibilities for each individual within a project team are clearly defined and meet the safety requirements of the project.
- Assist in assuring the safety by audit of staff and consultants working on projects.
- Assist in monitoring the auditing of the individual projects through all their phases to ensure the integrity of the safety systems set up within them and to ensure a cost effective approach to safety management.
- To be aware of legislation relevant to the project portfolio
- Liaise with Governmental departments and outside safety agencies as required by individual projects.
- Monitor all occupational health and safety issues pertinent to the Projects and its personnel.
- NEBOSH Construction or equivalent qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience of health and safety management within the railway and/or construction industry, ideally within a multi-disciplinary project management environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A sound understanding and experience of Quality Management Systems and Standards
- The ability to manage complex issues at a senior level in the organisation through the deployment of excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate team members to achieve programme objectives.
- Membership of IOSH (or equivalent recognised organisation)
- Practical experience of procurement, contracting strategy and project management methodology.
- A recognised, relevant engineering qualification.
- Driving Licence
Please contact Joe Moss or apply to hear more information about this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search