Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Planner based in London. The Lead Planner will report to the Planning Manager working closely to deliver reports in a timely manner for clients and the project team.
The successful candidate will lead the preparation and maintenance of integrated and co-ordinated project programmes.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop comprehensive, logic linked, project programmes for projects incorporating resource loading/forecasting, materials planning, cost-loading and earned value forecasting and reporting
- Continuously monitor the programmes prepared to accurately reflect progress and maintain accurate earned value and resource data for internal and external purposes
- Identify critical paths and ensure action plans are developed and implemented to maximise project quality, cost, and delivery objectives
- Manage/mentor a small team (1-3 Planners/Assistant/Graduate Planners) to successfully deliver projects assigned to the team
- Through accurate reporting on Work Package progress, co-ordinate all functional activity on the project and ensure that problems and bottlenecks are anticipated and resolved in a timely manner to prevent negative impact on the project
- Extensive experience in a project planning / scheduling role, including resource and cost-loading / forecasting
- Extensive experience and expert knowledge of Primavera P6 Planning Software.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge and experience of working in a business process environment with an emphasis on project delivery (contractor side)
- Knowledge and experience of the Rail Industry
- Extensive experience of Earned Value Management
- Experience of Primavera Risk / Quantitive Schedule Risk Analysis (QSRA)
- Knowledge and experience of Rail Signalling
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Joe Moss at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search