Lead Project Manager
Lead Project Manager – York
A global Tier 1 contractor in the rail industry are looking at adding a Lead Project Manager to their team in York. The role will report to the Project Director and involve leading the team in the co-ordination of a number of tasks within the work site and completing planned works to budget, safely and within set timescales.
- Undertake the role of Project Bids Manager on all tenders nominated by the Project Director.
- Overall project responsibility projects.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Project Execution Plan and programme.
- Preparation of the project Cost Performance Review and Contract Monthly End Sales documents.
- Demonstrate strong leadership of the project team.
- Site delivery of the project in line with the Project Management Plan and programme.
- Delivery of on site construction works in line with the Project Programme.
- Effective communication and management of the client.
- Preparation of the Project Risk Management data base.
- Delivery of the project in compliance with Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Plans.
- Excellent management of the labour and plant resource profiles in line with the project programme.
- Ensure that all site reportable incidents are recorded and managed appropriately.
- Identify scope changes and notify the Project Director for Type A projects. Identify scope changes and agree actions with commercial team for Type B projects.
- Input into the preparation and implementation of the Project Quality Management System throughout the project.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with the client, contractors & suppliers at all levels throughout the project.
- Input into Reporting Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulation Reports.
- Demonstrate effective day to day management of the project.
- Undertake or nominate project staff to carry out all site briefings.
- Ensure that a comprehensive Daily Diary of site activities and events are produced and kept for each project.
- Assume Project Director role during nominated periods as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in leading a large, disparate, multi-disciplinary team.
- Completion & qualification of various Health & Safety courses.
- Completion & qualification of various Environmental courses.
- Valid Personal Track Safety certification.
- Association of Project Managers accredited training course.
- Substantial experience in the management of multi-disciplinary rail projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search