Lead Quantity Surveyor
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Quantity Surveyor based in Derby. The Lead Quantity Surveyor will have a key commercial role within the company supporting the Lead Contracts/Commercial Manager and the Project and Bid Management.
The successful candidate will provide support for the achievement of the company’s financial performance targets and goals and work closely with the Head of Commercial and senior project staff.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of the client payment cycle up to and including the Final Account, including the Project Change account.
- Implement the required actions in Project Commercial Management Plans
- Identify and provide guidance on commercial best practise
- Fully contribute to the production of Monthly Project Reviews and Work Package Management Reviews
- Represent the Commercial team at project and client meetings
- Contribute to staff reviews to identify training and development needs and support improved performance
- Educated to graduate entry degree level requirements or equivalent
- Up to date Continuing Professional Development records
- Working knowledge of Planning and the use of programmes in the management of construction works
- Experience working in the contracting commercial department
- Technical or Associate membership recognition by a Quantity Surveying institution and working towards full membership
- Experience working on a multi-discipline design and construct contracts
- An understanding of how to source commonly used commercial training arrangements
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Victoria Bartram at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search