Lead Software Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Software Engineer based in Hatfield, leading a small team of permanent and contract engineers.
The successful candidate will be a significant role in the design, development, and testing of software, typically running on a Windows operating system.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead software project teams
- Participate in the design, coding, and module testing of software
- Support the installation and commissioning of software
- Provide support to customers of software
- Supervise/liaise with Contractors, Technicians and System Testers
- Conduct Design Reviews
- A background in software development with specific experience developing Windows applications
- Familiar with Visual Studio 2017+
- In depth knowledge of C# (7years +)
- Experience of software versioning tools (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Experience using SQL (MySQL/MSSQL) and .Net platform
- SQL Server DBA
- Interfacing and developing with MicroStation/MDL
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search