Major Works Tester in Charge
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Major Works Tester in Charge based in York. The MWTiC will report to the Project Director and the Regional Centre Testing & Commissioning Manager working with an established team of Testers and Testers in Charge.
The successful candidate will play a critical role within the business joining a project team to develop and instigate the delivery strategy for the scheme, being supported by a team of testers and Testing Managers.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure complex/major works signalling project is managed and delivered on time, to budget and to group standards
- Identify potential process improvements and make recommendations
- Be responsible for the complete testing of the complex/major works signalling scheme
- Ensure contract is completed to meet required Health, Safety & Environmental requirements
- Produce testing documentation and site project documentation to requirements and standards
- Functional Testers license 1.3.170
- IOSH Manging Safety
- Valid PTS (Personal Track Safety) certificate
- Knowledge of HSE requirements and understanding of planning process
- HNC or higher equivalent in electrical engineering
- Full Member of IRSE
- Experience with report writing
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Jake Rodgers at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search