A Project Planner vacancy exits with this high ranking, profitable and secure main contract organisation operating in London and the Central Southern to South East region.
As Project Planner you role is to lead, improve and promote the planning function within the Construction Business to ensure bids are fully analysed for programme, methodology and risk during the pre-construction phases, together with periodic audits of live projects. To develop and maintain positive relationships internally and externally and to promote and protect the company reputation whilst remaining customer focused, in-line with company policies, procedures and values.
Additionally you will ensure that they have the best chance of winning profitable workload and that gateway governance requirements are complied with, ensuring consistently high quality, accurate and consistent production of programmes.
Your role will also ensure that the financial strategy is fully implemented and realised.
Your Planning responsibilities will include:
- To oversee programme and planning activities where allocated in the pre-construction/design phase.
- Preparation of bid documentation including method statements and site logistic plans.
- Input into the Project Execution Plans as handover document to construction team.
- Programming includes all types such as construction, procurement and design.
- Input into the project risk register.
- Advise on the programme and method implications of any value engineering options that arise.
- Input into 2nd stage works/negotiated projects from technical, programming and buildability perspectives.
- Input into risk management procedures across the Division.
- Create, own, update and communicate construction output rates and planning procedures across the Division.
- Input into preparation of prelims book updating with output rates and ratios from completed projects.
- Assess all bids for value engineering and alternatives with design and commercial teams.
- Work closely with Estimators and Surveyors in preparing cost plans and final bid prices.
- Work with supply chain to provide specialist input especially M&E.
- Audit live projects to verify progress reports as need arises.
- Mentor trainees when on secondment to procurement team including reviews.
- Prepare temporary works schemes including scaffolding, site logistics, etc. and obtain competitive quotations for inclusion in tender submissions.
In return you will be joining a renowned and successful main contract brand, a business which is prevalent in securing work in the Education and Residential sectors across London and the South East.
For more information on this opportunity and the employing company please don’t hesitate to contact us….
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search