This is an exciting opportunity for a Planner to join Alstom in their Systems and Signalling division. You be working for one of the main players in the very busy Rail Sector. The company has grown year on year after winning large packages of works and know needs a planner to assist in programme planning on multiple projects.
The role of the Project Planner is to manage the preparation and maintenance of integrated and co-ordinated project programmes, enabling resource and material requirements to be forward planned to meet project deliverables, using P6 Project Planning software. The postholder will be expected to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the delivery team and also deal with the client directly and professionally.
Reporting to the Lead Planner/Planning Manager, the Project Planner will be expected to work autonomously and independently, setting high personal standards and delivering reports in a timely and accurate manner to the project team and client alike.
- Develop comprehensive, logic linked, project programmes for UK SS&I projects incorporating resource planning, materials planning, cost-loading and earned value forecasting and reporting.
- Continuously monitor the programmes prepared to accurately reflect progress and maintain accurate earned value and resource data for internal and external purposes.
- Identify critical paths and ensure action plans are developed and implemented to maximise project quality, cost and delivery objectives.
- Through accurate reporting on Work Package progress, co-ordinate all functional activity on the project and ensure that problems and bottlenecks are anticipated and resolved in a timely manner to prevent negative impact on the project.
- Provide regular reports and feedback to management on project progress and critical issues.
- Provide sufficiently accurate data to enable the Work Package Managers and Project Managers to ensure that co-ordinated project activity complies with and delivers company financial and business targets on cash and project margins.
- Through active dialogue with Work Package Managers and the Project Manager, ensure that the project programmes will deliver customer and contractual requirements to time and cost.
- Conduct regular project co-ordination meetings on the status of the project with specific reference to engineering activity, sourcing, quality, cost and delivery.
- Ensure all programmes under their control are updated and reviewed in line with the planning procedure / work instruction.
- Ensure all reports are produced to a high quality and to deadlines
- Travel when required to other sites across the country.
- Occasional weekend/bank holiday cover for any major commissionings.
- Comply with and undertake all relevant Environment, Health and Safety measures and activities.
- Experience in a project planning / scheduling role, including resource and cost-loading / forecasting.
- Experience and expert knowledge of Primavera P6 Planning Software.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate well and build relationships
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Educated to at least A Level Standard.
- Educated to degree level.
- Knowledge and experience of the Rail Industry, particularly Rail Signalling.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a business process environment with an emphasis on project delivery (Contractor side).
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel.
- Understanding and experience of Earned Value Management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search