Principal Civils Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Civils Engineer based in York. The Principal Civils Engineer will undertake design, onsite construction activities and project integration activities.
The successful candidate will support the integration of the Civil Engineering activities, there is also a client-facing dimension support the SS&I Project and Project Management teams to resolve issues and achieve on-time delivery of the project.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry out technical audits as required
- Implement business engineering management system
- Undertake design reviews to ensure design is delivered to programme
- Support the Project team with the delivery of Civil Engineering design and construction activities
- Support the Project team with tendering activities
- A valid PTS (Personal Track Safety) Certificate
- Degree or HNC in Civil Engineering with significant engineering experience
- Experience working in Civil Engineering design or construction
- Knowledge of railway construction methods and materials used
- Application of the Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated Engineering (IEng) qualification
- Experience applying RSSB, Network Rail and Industry recognised standards
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Louise Oldham at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search