Principal Power Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Power Engineer based in York. The Principal Power Engineer will work closely with and support the Power Department.
The successful candidate will be the discipline lead to the design and production of power systems and subsystem interfaces.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To provide electrical and power support to the business, acting as the technical lead in multidiscipline projects
- To act as Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) for power on schemes of work
- Support the Power Department in undertaking internal and external technical investigations
- Act as technical contact and liaison for clients and sub-contractors
- Be technically responsible for delivery of electrical design solutions
- Support Power Department staff with development through mentorship and coaching
- Degree level education in Electric/Electronic Engineering discipline or HND with time served
- Working understanding and knowledge of HV & LV systems
- Team managerial experience
- Protection, coordination, and discrimination of electrical systems
- Detailed design production (electrical)
- Knowledge of Network Rail and London Underground standards and practices
- Member of IEng, working towards CEng
- Valid full driver’s license
- Understanding of appropriate legislation
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search