Principal Safety Assurance Engineer
Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Safety Assurance Engineer. The Principal Safety Assurance Engineer will report directly to the Regional Centre Safety Manager and is responsible for the Engineering Safety Management of production introduction and project and scheme application.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering application projects and schemes and introducing products across the UK rail industry.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all the Safety Assurance activities on the project, system, and product
- Support periodic Safety Reviews
- Provide engineering safety assurance to large and complex application projects or product introductions
- Provide development and mentorship of other members of the Safety Assurance Team
- Defend Safety Case argumentations in front of internal and external assessor
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related subject or equivalent
- Experience in safety engineering or safety assurance
- Detailed knowledge of the ‘Yellow Book’ and superseding documentation
- Risk assessment and audit skills
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer
- Experience of the safety regime within the railway industry
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search