Location: Folkestone (Travelling onto site required)
£55,000-£60,000 & Car Allowance + package.
My client are looking for a Production Lead to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Production Lead provides leadership and technical expertise across Production operations in their area. As part of the area leadership team, you will actively manage and develop the team, providing coaching and support to frontline teams to deliver technical activities.
You will be overseeing and managing activities and contractors on site to deliver key performance indicators. Provide fault finding and problem solving through technical expertise.
The Production Lead will take ownership of all technical queries and the delivery
of safe and efficient technical solutions, working with frontlines teams as the technical expert.
- Lead and taking full accountability of all technical aspects of operational strategy and delivery, ensuring a smooth transition of delivered assets into Business as Usual assets for their operational business.
- Accountable for project technical delivery, ensuring strong health, safety, and well-being culture.
- Represent production & supply and work closely and collaboratively with wider teams and the business to ensure that timescales are met.
- Liaise with colleagues and key stakeholders to proactively address emerging problems, challenge peers and influence solutions to prevent impact to operations, and drive efficiencies.
- Member of Duty Production Lead standby rota.
- Provide ‘Bronze’ level support during incidents and emergencies.
- Provide support and cover for other regions during incidents, and to cover for periods of absence.
- Drive performance management of the team following policy where performance is not at the acceptable level
- Provide technical training to the frontline teams and mentor as required.
- Actively participate and encourage your team members to undertake in continuous professional learning and development.
- Proactively involved in technical groups and panels.
- Deliver technical solutions in line with the plan, working closely with the Planning Delivery Manager.
- Provide technical expertise to support the Business Leader to deliver the business plan and free up the Business Leader to performance manage the team.
- Act as the technical authority in all project matters and support the development of project briefs, including supplementary information for any subsequent contractor involvement phase of the project.
- Identify and facilitate technical change initiatives across their area, to drive continuous improvement and process optimisation.
- Produce Safe systems of work, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Deliver work following the outage process, ensuring resolutions are undertaken at pace.
- Responsible for improving site performance within their Area, supporting and sharing best practice and driving continuous improvement across the department and directorate.
- Provide visible technical supervision to the team through area technical initiatives and inspections.
- Support delivery of capital schemes within the Area. Inclusive of large capital named schemes, capital maintenance, reactive capital works and Reservoir Programme within agreed timescales.
- Ensure that Statutory, Regulatory and Compliance work is prioritised and assist with the arranging and planning of inspections.
- Responsible for area information and data accuracy such as technical drawings.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Deliver technical solutions in line with CDM and company procedure and standards requirements.
- SME for technical aspects of Production.
- Drive site and asset resilience, delivering contingencies and identifying critical spares and equipment.
- Deliver direct delivery schemes and maintenance programmes freeing up the Production Engineers (PEs) to concentrate on larger schemes. Work closely with the PEs to delivery technical solutions as required.
- Educated to degree level in a technical subject, or holds equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the water industry.
- Substantial experience in an Operational role
- Experience of managing contractors and CDM.
- Mechanical / Process / Electrical knowledge and/or experience.
- Recognised Safety and Environmental qualifications (desirable).
- Previous people leadership experience.
- Full UK driving licence to travel to other business locations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently
- Personal resilience
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Outcome and results focused
- Ability to prioritise and plan strategically
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search