Programme Design Manager
Programme Design Manager
Permanent – £80,000 + package, including bonus.
My client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Programme Design Manager for one of their joint venture frameworks. With flexibility in working some days from home through the week, this role will be based at either near Brighton or Chatham office managing multiple projects across the South-East region.
You will be responsible for a programme of Design works and design manager of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- To lead a team of discipline design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
- Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is appropriately managed and communicated throughout the solution development process.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
- Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
- Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements of the programme’s systems and governance procedures.
- Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects.
- Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
- Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Programme Manager.
- Organise the work required and document the Design Management Plan / Project Execution Plan.
- Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget.
About The Candidate:
- Experience of technical project delivery in a design-build environment
- Experience in the Wastewater Treatment Industry
- Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
- Degree in an engineering-related discipline
- Must be delivery-driven with the ability to set targets, manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives
About The Company
My client is an integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centers, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks.
They create opportunity by inviting, embracing, and celebrating difference.
Their goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop their employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that they have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search