Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting role has arisen for a Project Engineer to join a market leading contractor and work in Cork, with some of the latest signalling equipment on the market.
The successful candidate will support the Principal Project Engineer with onsite construction, project integration and project design activities, with on-time delivery being key.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the Principal Project Engineer to functionally manage the Project Engineering activities at local site, taking responsibility for safety, professional and technical development and welfare of the team.
- Carry out technical audits as required
- Support SS&I business development with tendering activities
- Ensure integration of design, installation and testing activities to meet client specifications
- MSc or BSc degree level education in engineering discipline
- Engineering Manager (Projects) (7.8.230F) or Engineering Manager (Projects) (7.8.110F) IRSE license
- Experience of Project Engineering, Design, Installation or Test on signalling projects
- Must be able to develop System Specification and Requirements
- Must display good understanding of modern signalling technologies
- Willing to learn and be driven to progress within the company structure
- Good communication skills with A1 audit skills
- Valid PTS (Personal Track Safety) Certificate equivalent
- Corporate membership or the IRSE with IEng or higher
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact George More at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search