Project Manager – Water or Flood Risk
Project Manager – Water or Flood Risk
Central London/South Coast or Birmingham – £50,000 – £60,000 + Package – Depending on level of experience.
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager, to join their busy and expanding London Infrastructure business or Birmingham office, supporting their clients deliver a range of water projects and programmes across the UK with flexible working.
Owing to the complex nature of the works involved, this role will be most suited to Project Managers from a civil, mechanical, ICA, electrical or process engineering background, ideally with previous water sector experience. NEC experience and accreditation is also preferred.
My clients Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes, depending upon the complexity of the project, typically, projects fall within the £1m to £10m value range.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To deliver Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
- To provide support on major Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for an aspect of service delivery, Client liaison, strategic planning or stakeholder management.
- To assure that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
- Supporting clients as they transition to Net Zero and deal with wider changes to make themselves more sustainable.
Typically, the role will involve the following accountabilities:
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the Client, other consultants, and managing stakeholders at all project stages
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of project requirements
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, quality, technical and performance parameters
- Establishing effective project governance, assurance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Preparing and maintaining schedules of activity, including producing the master project plan
- Managing the development of the project in accordance with approved plans and targets
- Developing and implementing resource plans and procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Managing the change control process
- Developing and agreeing budgets and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Identifying and monitoring project risks and planning and implementing risk mitigations
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Financial management of commission, forecasting of monthly spend, changes and risks
- Advising the client regarding Health & Safety and Environmental issues and risks
- Degree qualified, preferably in an infrastructure related subject (i.e. STEM, legal, commercial, environmental management, etc.)
- Preferred if you are working towards or have achieved chartered/qualified with ICE, APM, RICS etc
- NEC3/ NEC4
- APMP / PRINCE 2 qualified.
- Preferred if experience is in a complex stakeholder environment
- Ability to be mobile across the south is a necessity when required to
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search