Project Manager – Water Sector
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Project Manager – Water Sector
My client is looking for a talented and motivated Water Project Manager who has previous design experience to join their team delivering outline design and detailed specifications primarily for water and wastewater schemes based out in Bristol.
What does the role involve?
You will also work closely with mechanical and electrical engineers and other disciplines colleagues from across the wider Water Business Unit in the UK to deliver projects by:
* Managing technical and commercial delivery of projects and bids and ensuring they are completed within agreed timescales and budgets.
* Ensuring design output is completed in accordance with the agreed scope of works, timescales and budgets.
* Managing change.
* Working in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required to deliver project requirements and added value to the Client.
* Participating in the preparation/presentation of proposals/bids as required including estimating timescales and costs for proposed works.
* Working closely with lead design engineer to deliver outline and detailed designs and specifications.
* Providing day to day leadership to a team of engineers and technicians.
* Contributing to larger projects as part of wider project teams and working with the project design team to deliver an integrated design which meets the objectives of the project.
* Managing and mentoring less experienced colleagues on projects.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
* A degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
* A recognised project management qualification.
* Knowledge and experience of MEICA design or Civil design for the water industry.
* The ability to work with engineers from all disciplines and other industry professionals to optimise and develop bespoke and innovative designs.
* Experience in the delivery of water designs and specifications on water related projects for Water Companies, Contractors and industry.
* An appreciation of the implications of works on the environment and knowledge of sustainable solutions, water and wastewater processes and health and safety legislation.
* Excellent relationship building skills and enjoy working closely with clients, architects and other members of the professional team and playing a pivotal role in establishing the brief and developing solutions that meet and exceed our client’s expectations.
* The confidence to undertake business development activity, client management and be commercially astute securing new and repeat business.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to adapt your style to suit your audience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search