Job Role: Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor
Rate: £400 – £450/day inside IR35
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 + package
Location: Carlisle / North West (Hybrid working)
About the Role:
My client is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with a Quantity Surveyor. You will report directly to the Project Commercial Lead and the responsibilities will include:
- Quantity surveying duties in respect of managing projects or a work package or packages.
- Liaise with design, construction and supply chain teams to capture, analyse and control cost.
- Report when contractual notices and correspondence under the main contract and sub-contracts are identified as necessary.
- Manage early warnings and change control.
- Prepare and manage sub-contractor accounts including enquiries, orders, payments, sub-contract administration and accounts in accordance with the contract and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate commercial records are maintained.
- The preparation of project cost & value reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment.
- Be proactive in self-development and professional qualification.
- Assist in the development of Quantity surveyors and graduate QSs.
- Carry out sub-contractor performance reviews on allocated sub-contractors.
- Contribute to a positive working environment of co-operation, trust, partnership, open communication and honesty, help to ensure the commercial team remain focussed on delivering the objectives of the client and the wider team.
- Work to the goal of making the project a rewarding experience for all parties involved.
- Support new ways of working to drive improved productivity and efficiency.
- Promote a ‘no surprises’ culture.
- Be professional, proactive and transparent in approach.
- Working towards or have chartered membership of a recognised institution.
- Degree or equivalent.
- NEC3 contract experience.
- Experience of managing and developing an individual or small team.
- Ambitious and dynamic personality.
- Previous Water experience advantageous.
To discuss this role in more detail please call me on 02394317817 for a confidential discussion or email your enquiry and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search