Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor in London Paddington.
The successful candidate will provide support and assistance to the Commercial Manager and/or Lead Quantity Surveyor to optimise margin on a project.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of client and supplier accounts, including administrating the client payment cycle and proactively administer sub-contract accounts from project start up through to final account
- Review commercial processes and procedures to ensure they enhance company commitment’s to continuous improvements
- Represent the Commercial team at project and client meetings
- Negotiate settlement of project sub-contract accounts in order to achieve early resolution
- Collect elemental costs and measurement information
- Educated to graduate entry degree level requirements or equivalent
- Working experience in contracting commercial department
- Working knowledge of construction industry standard forms of contract and commercial terms
- Experience of tendering and pre-contract cost analysis
- Graduate or Affiliate membership recognition by a Quantity Surveying institution, working towards a higher level professional qualification
- Experience working on target cost or design and construct contracts
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Craig Outhwaite at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search