Senior Arboriculture Consultant
Job Title: Senior Arboriculture Consultant
Location: York, UK
Salary: £30-38k (experience dependant)
Type: Perm / Full Time
Please note: applicants would need to be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and already have UK sector experience to be considered.
Our client is a market leading multi-disciplinary consultancy who specialise in Planning, Design, and the Environment. They have recently been named as one of the Top 10 fastest growing Planning led consultancy firms in the UK.
They work on projects at all scales within town, semi-rural and rural contexts, across a variety of sectors that includes residential, historic sites and estates, renewable energy, and mixed-use commercial developments.
Our client is a fast growing, unique and rewarding environment. Their multidisciplinary proposition spans across the following disciplines: Planning, Architecture, Arboriculture, Ecology, Archaeology and Heritage, Master planning, Landscape Architecture, Geomatics and Urban Design.
They thrive on creating a culture and environment which provides a great variety of projects, recognition of success, continuous professional development, and collaboration across an array of different professions.
The Senior Arboriculture Consultant
The role includes delivering a range of arboricultural consultancy and advisory services for a variety of projects and contracts, primarily in the renewable energy and residential sectors. The chosen candidate will liaise with clients, contractors, statutory agents, and a multi-disciplinary team, assisting with managing project budgets and timescales, undertaking arboricultural surveys and with a focus on the production of high-quality technical reports, drawings and advice.
Key responsibilities and requirements:
- Co-ordinate and undertake arboricultural surveys and prepare reports and plans to BS5837:2012 specifications (including pre-planning and construction stage support)
- Undertake arboricultural monitoring and supervision of works on active construction sites
- Undertake tree risk surveys and reports
- Produce woodland management strategies
- Act as technical specialist to support clients with pragmatic solutions to complex issues
- Maintaining and building strong working relationships with existing and new clients
- Assisting with the development of new arboricultural specialisms for the company
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in an advisory role, with a proven track record of successful project management and delivery
- An Arboricultural Qualification to Level 4 or higher with demonstrable professional experience
- Proficient in tree surveying to BS5837:2012 and tree risk assessment with the use of relevant software; example: Axiscape/ArborCAD, AutoCAD, QGIS, ESRI GIS mapping etc.)
- Knowledge of species identification, morphology, management, planning, legislation, and best practice
- Pest and disease diagnostics and control measures and mitigation
- Professional membership of an arboricultural / forestry industry body (or ability to obtain this)
- Ability to apply a proportional and pragmatic approach to technical challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to produce concise reports to high standards
- Able and willing to travel to sites and can work autonomously in varied weather conditions
- Full UK driving license
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search