Senior Bridge Engineer
Senior Bridge Engineer
Permanent – £45,000 – £50,000 (depending on level of experience)
Flexible and remote working
My client is currently searching for Senior Bridge Engineer to join their Bridges and Civils team in the Transportation Practice division.
The job opening is for our office in York, and we are searching for a candidate who can exhibit an exceptional level of civil engineering capability and lead the technical delivery of bridge and civils design projects. The successful candidate should have experience in structural and civil design, specifically working within the UK highways and/or rail sectors, and a proven track record of managing and delivering engineering design projects successfully.
- As an experienced professional in the field, the successful candidate will lead the technical delivery of bridge and/or civil engineering projects, specifically within the Highways England, Network Rail, and/or Local Authority sectors. In addition, the candidate will be expected to contribute their expertise to complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Using analytical skills, the candidate will be responsible for identifying potential solutions to engineering problems and utilising their engineering judgement to recommend the most appropriate option. They will also be responsible for overseeing the production and review of high-quality design documentation, including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports, and specifications.
- The candidate will be required to complete designs, design calculations, reports, and specifications according to industry and national standards, ensuring that all design submissions comply with relevant standards. It is also important that the candidate stays up to date with industry developments and changes in standards.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to mentor and provide technical training to junior staff, while taking responsibility for completing projects within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Excellent spoken and written English proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communication with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues from different engineering disciplines.
- Ability to lead bids and tenders, with a track record in work winning and client relationship development.
- Good project management skills, commercial awareness, and financial control across various contract types.
- Experience working with key clients: Network Rail, Local Authorities, Highways England, Developers, and major contractors.
- Familiarity with relevant design standards: Eurocodes, Network Rail standards, DMRB, and MCHW.
- Ability to develop and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, program, and quality of deliverables.
- Proficient in overseeing and reviewing high-quality design documentation: sketches, drawings, calculations, reports, and specifications.
- Act as Contractor’s Responsible Engineer during civil engineering aspects of Network Rail projects.
- Sufficient experience to undertake technical reviews of designs.
- Effective stakeholder management, including specialist suppliers, independent checkers, and local authorities.
- The ideal candidate should possess a BEng/MEng or MSc degree in civil engineering or an equivalent field.
- They should hold a Chartered Membership with a relevant professional body, such as ICE or IStructE.
For information about this position or any others within the Civil/Structural Engineering design market, please contact Calum French on 02394317816
Please note to be considered for the role, you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search