Perm – £45-65K
An opportunity to join a large Tier 1 Contractor on a major project, with control over £80m spend. Joining this great team, you will lead the procurement on everything Rail and Civil Engineering. Training and personal development are key to this contractor, so its a great opportunity for professional development. Based in Central Birmingham on a key rail project, it will look great on your CV, as well building your legacy!
To drive value from the supply chain through effective supply chain selection, segmentation, relationship management and development, and robust performance management
* To ensure an effective supply chain structure is in place for their area, with clear ownership of key subcontractor relationships, whilst ensuring a consistent approach across the Business Unit.
* Implement the Supply Chain Strategy and deliver in line with the project Success Factors.
* Provide input into subcontractor selection and the development of project tender lists and then lead the supply chain involvement
* As required, support and / or lead subcontract procurement and develop package procurement strategies.
* Prepare tender enquiries and send out for pricing in accordance with the project Procurement Schedules to meet the project programme
* Lead the Procurement element for any Tenders, contributing to pre-start and coordination meetings
* Draft and prepare contract documentation using standard company templates or the NEC3 working alongside the the legal team to ensure compliance
* Effectively communicate project requirements to the supply chain through a variety of communication channels
* Continual identification of any Procurement related risks and opportunities, whether at Programme of Project level and reporting them onto the ARM Risk Software system
* Ordering of construction materials, plant and subcontract services across the entire project.
* Work with stakeholders, at all levels, to understand internal and external requirements
* Ongoing development and running of the supplier relationship management process in conjunction with other members of the Procurement Team
* Develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels within the organisation to ensure that procurement is seen as a valued contributor to the success of the business
* Drive a culture of constant improvement; identify and implement initiatives in order in increase business-wide effectiveness and efficiency
* Attend Project Meeting / Progress Reviews as and when required / requested by the Project teams Organisation and management of individual daily workload
* Data reporting as and requested by the Project Procurement Manager
* Work with a focus on Continuous Improvement and ensure suppliers deliver on time, cost and quality in line with the project requirements
* As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements
* Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time
* As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
* Knowledge and experience
o Minimum of three years experience within Construction / Civil Engineering sector working at senior level within a large multi business unit or project environment,
o Ability to demonstrate attention to detail with regard to contractual obligations and the placement of orders
o Knowledge of best practice supply chain management tools
o Demonstrable commercial awareness, with the ability to control and monitor budgets
o Finely tuned communication skills with regard to engaging with external and internal parties
o Evidence of a sound education which should include English and Maths GCSE at grade A-C or above, or equivalent
o MCIPS or equivalent is desirable, including ‘working towards’
o Industry-related qualifications are desirable, and could include:
Other professional qualification
o IT literate and proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office packages and Procurement software
o Strong people skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel
o A full UK driving licence is desirable as travelling to site may be required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search