Senior Civil Engineer
Our clients’ successful Belfast Water team have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical delivery of water engineering projects.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be supported and encouraged to maintain your CPD and embrace initiatives to help you further develop your own skills and career. Our client fully supports individual’s requirements to develop and build their experience, professional qualifications and skill sets.
You will work alongside our clients’ project managers and lead design engineers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, supporting various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs and preparation of reports and technical specifications. The successful candidate will work as a civil engineer in a team with other disciplines such as geotechnical engineers, process engineers, mechanical engineers and environmentalists.
- Technical notes and reports
- High level and detailed flow and load calculations
- Autocad drawings
- Feasibility studies
- Outline/detailed wastewater treatment works designs
- Ensuring CDM compliance throughout design and construction
- Contract documentation.
- Post graduate experience in design and management of wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure upgrade schemes.
- Ability to take on elements of design or report and work on their own initiative.
- Experience in compiling feasibility studies on wastewater treatment and/or infrastructure projects.
- Experience in developing and promoting Safety in Design practices throughout designs.
- Understanding and working experience of wastewater infrastructure, non-infrastructure and treatment design standards and specifications.
- Understanding and working experience of wastewater treatment discharge legislations.
- MEng degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience working in and/or managing elements of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge and experience in the science of wastewater treatment processes.
- Experience in the development of contract preparation and administration using NEC and/or FIDIC forms of contract.
- Experience in technical checking and reviewing drawings and calculations.
- Experience in developing capital and operational costs for wastewater and/or water infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure schemes.
- Experience in mentoring and guiding junior staff. AutoCAD experience and proficiency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search