Senior Civil Engineer
As a Senior Civil Engineer with knowledge of the utilities sector, you’ll bring the technical expertise and experience to execute our clients’ large capital expenditure projects to meet expected criteria. You’ll play a central role in how they plan, design and build the structures and facilities that provide clean drinking water to their customers in the most sustainable way.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the technical deliverables on projects working under direction from the Project Manager and in accordance with requirements set out by the Lead Civil Engineer. You could be producing or checking technical reports; providing key inputs into programmes, estimates or contract preparations; or delivering technical designs in line with specifications. You’ll also line manage, train and delegate to other Civil Engineers within the Engineering team. So, you’re someone who can mentor, encourage participation and influence outcomes.
Whether you’re exercising engineering judgement in difficult situations or minimising technical issues on projects, you’ll have the persistence and ability to see the job through. What you enjoy most is the challenge and reward that come with delivering sizable, multi-disciplinary projects and creating the way to achieving the best outcomes.
What you’ll deliver
- You’ll be responsible for the technical delivery on projects
- You’ll help to line manage junior Engineers within the team
- You’ll promote knowledge sharing and mentor less experienced engineers
- You’ll produce and / or check technical reports
- You’ll provide appropriate inputs for programmes, estimates and contract preparation
- You’ll advise and oversee designs in line with specifications and most appropriate Health and Safety Legislation, with input from the Lead Civil Engineer
- You’ll liaise with internal and external stakeholders to contribute to successful project delivery
What you’ll bring to the role
- You’ll be Chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or an appropriate professional institution
- You’ll have a Degree in Engineering or equivalent training and experience;
- You will understand Health and Safety regulations that affect the area of work
- You’ll have a highly collaborative approach with the ability to influence outcomes and others.
What you can expect
- Excellent Stakeholder pension scheme, up to 10% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday entitlement, up to a maximum of 30 days rising with length of service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- Wellbeing related benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search