Senior Commercial Manager
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Senior Commercial Manager
£90 – 95K Plus Bonus, Car, HC
A great opportunity to head up a large £100m section of a Major Project, joining a very employee focused main tier 1 contractor. This role would see you heading up a large commercial team, reporting into the commercial director.
Including but not limited to
* Actively participate in setting up the commercial strategy for your portfolio including resource engagement and allocation
* Lead, manage, develop and train the commercial teams across your portfolio of projects
* Raise commercial awareness and embed commercial focus and best practise across each project team
* To lead on all contractual matters from inception to close out via in depth understanding of the contract and its implications for profit delivery.
* The preparation of contract documents, including bills of quantities, specifications, drawings
* Manage the Risk & Opportunities process to allow for the identification of Risk and Opportunities during the tender and construction phases and ensure the Commercial function delivers contractual solutions and strategies that balance these risk and opportunities.
* Set and manage budgets ensuring all costs are correctly allocated into the relevant WBS
* Establishment of robust project life cycle cost forecasts updated monthly and monitored against agreed targets
* Proactively drive the recording of all contractual entitlements, ensure timely notification of events and accurate pricing and substantiation of change
* Negotiation and agreement of variations with supply chain and Owner Participant
* Establish and maintain rigorous cost controls including early warning systems and provide robust accurate financial data and management reports on each project through the monthly reporting cycle including EVM.
* Provide procurement support to ensure each project is delivered safely, timely, at the least cost and to optimal quality.
* Ensure all procurement expenditure has been validated by the operational delivery team and identified under the budget as necessary to deliver the project
* Deliver contractually agreed cash flow and ensure all AFP’s are submitted / assessed in line with the contractual timescales.
* Ensure all valid Supply Chain payments are made in line with the relevant supplier agreement.
* Negotiate and agree contractual disputes and final accounts within DFA levels
* Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
Working in a finance or commercial function within the engineering or construction sector having hands on experience working for contractors as a Commercial Manager on large civils or infrastructure projects
* Working knowledge of finance systems and various forms of contracts
* Cost and budget administration
* Financial and commercial reporting to board level
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
* Minimum 5 years Commercial Management of large infrastructure projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search