Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer looking for your next opportunity?
Are you looking to develop your career whilst making a difference to local communities and the environment?
Can you help deliver resilience to flood risk and help mentor more junior staff?
My client is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer to work as part of a highly motivated and successful team in one of our UK offices.
The role will involve provision of technical accountability on various appraisal and detailed design projects. With a background in electrical engineering, you will primarily be working on a range of design and construction projects within wide ranging sectors including flood risk management, infrastructure and environment asset management.
Main duties of the role include:
You will take a leading role in all aspects of projects, from scoping and detailed deign through to implementation, ensuring compliance with client specifications and current regulatory standards, with a strong focus on low-carbon solutions.
· Lead the development of EICA design deliverables to ensure these meet the clients’ needs.
· Preparing EICA specifications, schedules and drawings.
· Co-ordination with other design disciplines and stakeholders.
· Providing technical guidance on EICA matters to the wider project team.
· Line management and development of assigned EICA staff.
Qualifications and experience:
· A degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering is essential. You will be a Chartered or Incorporated member of the IET, preferably with experience in a consultancy environment.
· You will have a passion for progressing sustainable solutions and help our clients in seeking resilient infrastructure fit for the modern world.
· You will need a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel to sites nationwide, with occasional overnight stays.
Key competencies required for the role:
· Experience in the detailed design and specification of industrial electrical installations including lighting, power distribution, switchgear, control systems and other ancillary services.
· Proficient in the use of design software such as Amtech/Trimble ProDesign, Dialight, Revit etc.
· Fully conversant with BS7671:2018 and current regulatory standards.
· Experience of Safety in Design and Designer’s responsibilities under CDM.
· Knowledge of pumping stations and other water related infrastructure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
Set up job alerts
Access additional information to support your job search