Senior Flood Risk Consultant
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Your role will liaise directly with clients and involve providing technical expertise in the delivery of hydraulic and hydrological modelling projects, including 1D and 2D models for rivers and surface water. You will also have the opportunity to mentor junior colleagues, support work winning activity, and develop strong client relationships to support the continued development of the Environment team.
To meet the demands and needs of our customers you will support innovative work with colleagues and explore new areas of work including sustainability, climate solutions and aquaculture. You will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the organisation to promote the business through presentations at conferences and cross-sell our services to attract new clients.
The core project teams are based in London and Leeds, with other UK offices including Aberdeen, however our client is open to flexible working, including the option of remote working. There is a requirement to travel to customer sites and to attend meetings, whether on customer sites and/or in regional offices.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a relevant bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography or a related discipline, and ideally a Masters or PhD in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable experience in the application of flood risk management legislation, planning policy, and industry guidance. This may include:
- Experience in FEH hydrological assessments and/or hydraulic modelling (ESTRY-TUFLOW, Flood Modeller, or similar)
- Business Case / project appraisal experience related to flood management
- Project management of flooding or water related projects
- Experience in providing technical advice and mentorship to junior team members
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present professionally both verbally and in writing, conveying technical subject matter to a range of audiences.
- You will be self-motivated with a proactive approach to continual professional development.
- You will be a Chartered member of a professional body or have a desire to work towards chartered status.
About Our Client
Our client is a maritime-orientated high-end design house and technical consulting firm driven by a passion for solving complex, real-world problems.
They are open and committed to discussing flexible working. They believe that everyone performs at their best when they have the flexibility to make working work best for them.
Our client hires talented people and welcomes applications from everyone. At this time, they particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian, Minority ethnic, female, and non-binary candidates as they are underrepresented in these groups.
Our client knows that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving their purpose as a business which is to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time. Their passion and goal are to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
Our clients’ employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, they offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, and personal development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search