Senior Flood Risk Engineer
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
Senior Flood Risk Engineer
Hours per week 37.5
Our client has an exciting opportunity a Senior Flood Risk Engineer with minimum 5 years experience to support their expanding workload in their flood risk and drainage team, ideally based in either their Manchester or Leeds offices, with the opportunity to work flexibly from home in the future as much as needed to achieve best outcomes. Other office locations will be considered for the right person. The team undertakes a wide variety of major and challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector, across a range of development sectors. They seek to provide integrated flood risk and drainage solutions incorporating state of the art design.
Our client requires an experienced individual of high calibre to assist in the flood risk and drainage teams across a range of activities such as flood risk solution design, hydraulic modelling and hydrology assessment, fluvial geomorphology, environmental assessment and SUDs. They work across a diverse range of clients delivering challenging infrastructure projects for the private and public sector.
Our clients’ projects typically range in size from £10k to £100m schemes covering flood risk projects for defence, transport, local government, infrastructure, commercial, industrial and residential development. You will work independently and proactively on technical aspects from a project’s inception, determining client briefs, to the delivery and close out of projects in accordance with best practice and supported by senior colleagues throughout.
You will provide support to project managers throughout the delivery of projects as well as take on project management responsibility on projects, including taking client facing roles as you develop your career. Where appropriate, you will instruct, supervise and mentor junior staff in the design and management of schemes and work with clients to ensure delivery of projects to time and cost, and to help manage change.
Our client provides internal project management training as well as a structured learning and development platform including mentoring and coaching, CPD and training to ensure their staff are the best they can be to deliver excellence to their clients.
Whilst based in Manchester or Leeds, the projects are UK wide and some travel would be expected on occasion.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate some or all the requirements below:
- Be an enthusiastic professional who likes a challenge
- Want to work in a busy and growing team and have a desire to progress their career
- Have experience in the delivery of flood risk appraisals projects in accordance with the FCERM appraisal guidance
- Have experience in developing options to reduce flood risk and undertaking multi criteria analysis to determine short lists for detailed appraisal
- Have experience in assessing options with respect to their buildability and health and safety
- Have experience in the outline design and cost estimation of options
- Have experience in the detailed design of options to reduce flood risk, such as earth embankment, RC wall and structure design
- Experience in writing reports (including business cases) and presenting to internal and external partners
- Experienced in working across multidisciplinary teams to delivery projects efficiently and effectively, such as with hydraulic modellers and environmental consultants
- Experience or an interest in developing Natural Flood Management solutions
- Experience in the Multi-coloured Manual for flood risk economic appraisal
- Have an understanding and experience in working with the NPPF
- Ideally have experience in delivering flood risk assessments and watercourse consents
- Ideally some experience in delivering Water Framework Directive assessments
- Experience in IT systems such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office suite
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field and eligible for CEng MICE or chartered with CIWEM
- Be working towards or committed to attaining chartership
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently, a collaborative approach and a proven ability to deliver work on time
- Have a commitment to encouraging good health and safety practices within the workplace and within design
- Be a team player displaying enthusiasm, flexibility and versatility
- Have the ability to mentor, encourage and support junior team members
- Have a desire to build upon your existing experience, continuing your professional development
- Hold a full UK Driving License
- Security Clearance to minimum SC level preferable (or be suitable and willing to apply for clearance essential).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search