Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Job title: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Type of work: Hybrid working
Rate: £45,000 – £55,000
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering, along with relevant experience in either geotechnical consultancy or as a designer with a ground engineering contractor
- Membership with the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) would be considered an advantage.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of geotechnical design experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Prior experience of using Plaxis, Oasis Xdisp, Settle 3D, Slope/W or WallAP
- Preparing geotechnical scoping documents and interpretations
- Performing detailed SSI analysis using Plaxis 2D and 3D, including for piled-raft, retaining wall, GMA foundations, and deep excavations
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of concept design, buildability, detailed design, high-rise buildings, construction techniques, procurement routes, risk assessment, and claim assessment.
- The successful candidate will be able to represent the practice at the project level and take responsibility for managing projects from design to construction stages.
- The role will involve supervising a small team of engineers and technicians and ensuring that work is delivered on time and to the agreed fee.
- Key responsibilities of this position include preparing request for proposal documents, including specifications, geotechnical/geophysical tests, and drawing layouts for investigations as necessary for the projects based on location and type of structure.
- Other duties include performing Soil-Structure interaction design of piled raft foundations, preparing recommendations for foundation design, building, and maintaining relationships with clients and other professionals involved in the projects, and being mindful of cost implications when making recommendations.
For information about this position or any others within the Civil/Structural Engineering design market, please contact Calum French on 02394317816
Please note to be considered for the role, you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search